Fall in: A Time of Remembering, Honoring and Forgiving

Fall feels to me like reflection time.  A time to take stock of the blessings in the form of countless lessons that have taken place throughout the year. This time has been particularly rich for me.  So much so I haven't been sending out my usual emails or posting here on my blog.  Since last Friday I have been immersed in ritual and ceremony honoring life, death and all the infinite things in between.
From the more conventional death celebration, funeral, to rituals of honoring the dead, altar-making, and of course deep breaths and meditation.  I created this short video for you to connect with your breath.  The breath, the air we breath is something that is shared by all living things.  Through our breath we connect and deepen our connections to life and the energies present.  The air you are breathing now has been breathed by your ancestors, by the trees, by birds and so many more.  As we breath in we receive all these energies. As we breath out, we can release tension, stress and resentment.  This is a potent time to make peace with those who have hurt us, whether they are still here on Earth or have passed on.  I invite you to breathe a little deeper.  Yes, deeper and slower during this time.  And just be willing to remember, to honor and to forgive.
Enjoy the meditation and please leave a comment below reflecting on what Fall is bringing out for you.




Comments

Popular Posts